Wasted medicines are costing the NHS in the east of England almost £300million a year – and GPs in Suffolk are seeking your help to reduce that waste.
GPs in the NHS Ipswich and East Suffolk and NHS West Suffolk clinical commissioning group areas are supporting a new campaign to encourage patients and their carers who receive regular repeat medicines to only order the medication they need. Read more...
You can help the NHS by:
• Checking what you need before placing your order
• Not stockpiling medication – it usually takes about 48 hours for your GP practice to process a repeat prescription, so there is no need to keep a large stock at home
• If you don’t take a medicine that is prescribed for you, please don’t order it
• Do not share your medications with others as this is dangerous and puts others at risk
• If in doubt talk to your GP or pharmacis